Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1st January, 2015 new legislation by the Australian Government advises that each person undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Macdonald Education is required to collect your USI and report completion of nationally recognised training.
Government information relating to the USI can be found on the Unique Student Identifier website.
Student Information for the Unique Student Identifier, including the benefits for students and a step by step process for creating your own USI, can be found here.
Proof of identity is required when creating a USI.
When you are ready, create your own USI.
Once you have created your USI please email to us so we can verify your USI details and report any training completed to the Australian government as required
- please include your name and USI code in the email body
In some circumstances we can create your USI for you. In order to do this we require you to provide:
- Completed enrolment form - please ensure all details are completed and the name you provide is your legal name and matches the proof of identity documentation you provide
- Complete the Privacy Notice - also available via the website main menu. This notice must be signed for us to create a USI for you
- Proof of identity - examples of acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate